Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

How do I know which land title district my property is in?

View a map of the Land Title Districts in BC for more information.

One of the registered owners of a land title has died. How can their name be removed from the title?

Transferring title such as after the death of a spouse or owner on title requires the expertise of a legal professional. See...

How can I find the Parcel Identifier (PID) for a property?

You can search for a PID using ParcelMap BC, the LTSA's online map of active...

Will I be informed by the LTSA if a charge is registered against my title?

Owners are typically involved or notified when charges are registered against their title. The notice will include information about the nature of...

Property owners in BC will start to receive 2018 property assessment notices in early January 2018. These notices are prepared by BC Assessment, a provincial Crown corporation that classifies and values all real property in British Columbia. Visit the BC Assessment website to preview 2018 assessments and learn more about the assessment process.

The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) is responsible for administering the land title and survey systems of BC that provide the foundation for all real property business and ownership in the province. The LTSA delivers secure land titles through timely, efficient registration of land title interests and survey records. Your title is a source of some of the information shown on your property assessment notice.

Contact BC Assessment if:

  • You did not receive an assessment notice. The 2018 property assessment notices are prepared using information current as of November 30, 2017. If your property transaction occurred after this date, the information may not have been included in the assessment roll used to generate the notices.
  • You need to discuss your assessment with a representative.

If your address information needs to be updated, you must notify both organizations:

The LTSA also handles any name changes required to the assessment notice. Complete Form 17 - Change Name and submit it to a land title office in person or by mail.

The general public should contact lawyers or notaries to conduct filings, such as removing the name of a deceased person from title.

Customers can sign up for a myLTSA Explorer account to conduct searches for titles or plans, or use the services of a Registry Agent to obtain copies of documents. See Hire a Professional to Assist You for contact details.

The LTSA does not provide legal advice and cannot assist customers with completing application forms for land title registration or conduct title searches over the telephone.