How do I know which land title district my property is in?

View a map of the Land Title Districts in BC for more information.

One of the registered owners of a land title has died. How can their name be removed from the title?

Transferring title such as after the death of a spouse or owner on title requires the expertise of a legal professional. See...

How can I find the Parcel Identifier (PID) for a property?

You can search for a PID using ParcelMap BC, the LTSA's online map of active...

Why can't the land title office give me legal advice?

Land title staff are unable to advise on legal rights or actions associated with land titles and charges. The Registrar of Land Titles and staff...

Customers are reminded that where corporations have amalgamated, and the amalgamated corporation subsequently changes its name, the correct Nature of Interest (NOI) for applications to update the corporate names on title is “Change of Name – Amalgamation of Companies”. Customers should not select “Change of Name”.

Choosing the correct NOI is necessary to comply with Property Transfer Tax Act requirements. Under that Act, transfers of title into an amalgamated corporation’s name are treated as a taxable transaction (whether done at the time of amalgamation or later following a change of name). Accordingly, all “Change of Name – Amalgamation of Companies” applications must be accompanied by a completed property transfer tax form.