ParcelMap BC Adopters
Adoption Resources, including workflow and process management tools, are available for organizations who are considering ParcelMap BC adoption.
Current ParcelMap BC Adopters
The adoption of ParcelMap BC is a milestone, where ParcelMap BC is recognized and referenced as the current, complete and trusted mapped representation of titled and Crown land parcels in BC, graphically and for identifying attribution, by the Adopter organization, which include local governments and major utilities in the Province, among others.
Contact ParcelMapBC@ltsa.ca for more information.
Comments from a Parcelmap BC Adopter
“As a dynamic and reliable assessment services provider that supports strong and vibrant communities, BC Assessment benefits from operational and customer efficiencies by using ParcelMap BC as our cadastre source.”
Tom, BC Assessment
Map of Local Governments Who Have Adopted ParcelMap BC
Local governments who have adopted are shown in green and those in the process of transitioning are in blue.
Current ParcelMap BC Adopters
|Local Governments||Other Adopters|
|Resort Municipality of Whistler||Agricultural Land Commission|
|City of Kimberley||DataBC (Ministry of Citizens’ Services)|
|Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako||BC Assessment|
|City of Cranbrook||FortisBC – Electricity|
|Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine||RCMP E Division|
|Squamish-Lillooet Regional District||TransLink (South Coast BC Transportation Authority)|
|City of Grand Forks||TransMountain Canada Inc|
|District of Tofino||LTSA: Office of the Director of Land Titles|
|Village Lion’s Bay||LTSA: Office of the Surveyor General|
|City of Penticton|
|District of Stewart|
|City of Prince Rupert|
|Village of Ashcroft|
|Tsawwassen First Nation|
|District of Port Edward|
|Village of Belcarra|
|City of Revelstoke|
|District of Peachland|
|District of Houston|
|District of Ucluelet|
|District of 100 Mile House|
|City of Quesnel|
|Town of Ladysmith|
|Peace River Regional District|
|District of Tumbler Ridge|
|City of Williams Lake|
|District of Sicamous|
|Regional District of Fraser-Fort George|
|City of Rossland|
|Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District|
|Village of Valemount|
|City of Trail|
|Village of Burns Lake|
|Village of Fraser Lake|
|District of Fort St. James|
|Village of Granisle|
|Town of Smithers|
|Village of Telkwa|
|District of Vanderhoof|
|Village of Pouce Coupe|
|District of Taylor|
|Village of McBride|
|District of Mackenzie|
|Village of Hazelton|
|District of New Hazelton|
|City of Kamloops|
|District of Summerland|
|District of Chetwynd|
|Village of Pemberton|
|District of Squamish|
|District of Lake Country|
|Fraser Valley Regional District|
|District of Hope|
|Village of Harrison Hot Springs|
|District of Lillooet|
|Thompson-Nicola Regional District|
|Village of Chase|
|District of Logan Lake|
|Village of Cache Creek|
|Village of Lytton|
|City of Merritt|
|Village of Clinton|
|District of Barriere|
|Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality|
|District of Clearwater|
|Village of Port Clements|
|Village of Masset|
|North Coast Regional District|
|Central Coast Regional District|
|Prince Rupert Port Authority|
A monthly updated dashboard detailing the current status of adoption across the stakeholder community can be found on the ParcelMap BC Adoption Status page.
Resources for Adopting ParcelMap BC
LTSA and ICI Society offer a number of resources and tools to allow organizations to adopt ParcelMap BC fabric as their base cadastre for operations. The following are the resources currently available.
Learn more about the ParcelMap BC information model and related services.
Explore the anticipated task areas and supporting resources to adopt to ParcelMap BC.
- Large Municipality Focus Group Case Study
- ParcelMap BC Transition Planning Situation Assessment Template
- ParcelMap BC Transition Project Management Guide (Phases, Tasks, WBS)
Capture a snapshot of how your cadastral data is currently structured.
- X-Ray Add-In for ArcGIS Desktop
- Geodatabase XML export
- Or use your schema export capability from your database environment.
Evaluate spatial alignment of your current cadastral data to ParcelMap BC.
Gain approval to proceed with a transition plan to adopt ParcelMap BC.
Spatially align your datasets with ParcelMap BC.
Align the information model of your cadastral data with ParcelMap BC.
- ParcelMap BC Data Products
- ParcelMap BC Adoption Transition Planning – A Case Study on the Large Municipality Focus Group
Find external assistance to help you transition to ParcelMap BC.
- Implementation Partners in the Adoption Working Group
Understand ParcelMap BC spatial improvement activities in your area.
Contribute data to aid in spatial improvement of ParcelMap BC in your area.
Find resources, best practices and knowledge shared with peer organizations.
Benefits for Adopters
ParcelMap BC supports the operations of local governments and other Participating Stakeholders by helping improve the speed of land-related research, planning and business decisions while minimizing data discrepancies.
- Delivers a sustainable, standardized and continually updated spatial and attribute representation for parcels – a closest-to-source, province-wide property data infrastructure with fewer errors and greater efficiency.
- Serves as a common system of reference – ParcelMap BC is used to research, prepare and submit survey plans across all local jurisdictions.
- Provides an authoritative representation of property ownership including tax assessment relationship to BC Assessment’s Jurisdiction and Roll (Folio).
- Delivers cross-border cadastral data alignment between local governments while supporting alignment of other key data such as zoning, planning, asset management and transportation.
- Helps inform constituents with land-related research and assist with front counter inquiries through ParcelMap BC Search service.
- Legal, engineering, survey and IT staff can focus on value-add and service delivery, not maintaining parcel data.