ParcelMap BC for Your Organization
Learn about adopting ParcelMap BC
The LTSA with the Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society) is actively promoting the widespread adoption ParcelMap BC. The goal of the multi-year plan is for ParcelMap BC to be recognized and used as the authoritative cadastral parcel fabric representation in BC by local governments and major utilities in the province, among others. Learn about adopting ParcelMap BC
Who Uses ParcelMap BC
ParcelMap BC offers easy-to-use and reliable access for many stakeholders to this current and authoritative source of spatial data infrastructure supporting land administration and development.
The LTSA collaborates closely with our customers and stakeholders to develop quality products and services that help to fulfill their business needs.
We also serve the public interest by delivering reliable land title and survey systems that form an essential foundation for economic and social prosperity in British Columbia.
To ensure all British Columbians benefit from ParcelMap BC, multiple service channels were developed to access ParcelMap BC to support land-based decision-making needs of stakeholders.
Today, ParcelMap BC provides services to:
Local Governments, Provincial Ministries and Agencies
- Government organizations integrate ParcelMap BC data products with their systems using ParcelMap Direct, including ICI Society who uses this service to supply ParcelMap BC to Society members via GeoShare. Learn more about adopting ParcelMap BC.
The LTSA is committed to the arrangement with participating stakeholders that all BC local governments shall have “free and unfettered” access to ParcelMap BC data covering their jurisdiction. The LTSA has defined an operational model that also sustains the ongoing maintenance of ParcelMap BC as a public good, insulating against the risk of becoming out of date in the future.
Access to ParcelMap BC for most local governments is facilitated by license through membership with the ICI Society via the Data Sharing and License Agreement (DSLA) and specifically the ParcelMap BC Addendum for Local Governments to the DSLA. Under that agreement, the local government member is entitled to “a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence” to ParcelMap BC covering their jurisdiction (members should consult their DSLA for full terms and conditions).
Land Owners and the General Public
- Browse and search for parcel information using ParcelMap BC through the LTSA’s website with no sign-in or cost. This type of access enables users to search the basic land information they need, without having to register for a myLTSA account. Access ParcelMap BC Search service as a Guest User
Land Development Professionals
- Professionals such as lawyers, notaries, realtors and other professionals use the myLTSA portal to access ParcelMap BC to assist in land records research. If records of interest are identified, customers are able to easily purchase that information from the LTSA.
- Future integration of ParcelMap BC into Autoprop’s platform will provide consistent parcel information province-wide, facilitating decision making and easy access to a wide range of property data for land development professionals across British Columbia. Login to myLTSA or register if you do not have an account.
- Access ParcelMap BC with enhanced services via myLTSA for research, planning and for submitting submit survey plan datasets. Land surveyors rely on ParcelMap BC data for use in conducting new surveys and preparing new survey plans, including the submission of Survey Plan Datasets.