In order to protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers, the LTSA is restricting access in all Land Title Offices to only its employees, direct access pass holders and Registry Agents until further notice.
We encourage customers to mail in less urgent requests to change information on title, or alternatively, contact a legal professional.
It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.
Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.
If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.
The instructions below are a guide to changing address on title. Please note, Change of Address requests must be submitted by mail. Email applications are not accepted and will be returned.
Change of Address Guide
A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available:
Steps to change the address on your land title record
- Please type or print clearly in dark ink on all forms.
- If writing a letter use standard 8.5” x 11” paper.
- To confirm the exact name(s) on the title, consider registering for a myLTSA Explorer account and doing a title search.
- Complete Form 15 or write a letter that includes:
- The full names of all owners who are changing their address, written exactly as they appear on title.
- The legal description, including the nine-digit parcel identifier number (PID).
- The signature of all owners who are changing their address and the date that the application was signed.
- If you require confirmation of registration, please complete the Request for State of Title Certificate.
- There is no fee to change your address.
- If you have requested a State of Title Certificate, pay $15.04 for each title.
Fees: To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.
For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.