Change Mailing Address
COVID-19 Notice: LTSA Front Counters Open By Appointment Only
Please be aware that LTSA’s Land Title Office front counters are open by appointment only. A new booking and visiting procedure is in place to protect the safety of our customers and staff. Customers can contact the Customer Service Centre to book an in-person visit. Please visit ltsa.ca or follow us on Twitter for more information.
It is important to be aware that legislation defines the LTSA’s role and limits how we can answer your questions. For example, our staff is not allowed to provide legal advice or help fill out forms.
Only after you submit your application to the LTSA, can we advise on the correctness and accuracy of your application’s information.
If you need more help than we can provide, please contact a legal professional.
Change of Mailing Address Guide
The instructions below are a guide to changing address on title. Please note, Change of Address requests must be submitted by mail or at an in-person appointment. Email applications are not accepted and will be returned.
Do not use correction fluid (wite-out) on your application. This will result in your application being returned to you. If an error is made, cross-out the text and write the correction above or complete a new form.
A downloadable package including instructions, forms, and a checklist is available:
Steps to change the mailing address on your land title record
- Please type or print clearly in dark ink on all forms.
- If writing a letter use standard 8.5” x 11” paper.
- To confirm the exact name(s) on the title, consider registering for a myLTSA Explorer account and doing a title search.
- Complete Form 15 or write a letter that includes:
- The full names of all owners who are changing their address, written exactly as they appear on title.
- The legal description, including the nine-digit parcel identifier number (PID).
- The signature of all owners who are changing their address and the date that the application was signed.
- If you require confirmation of registration, please complete the Request for State of Title Certificate.
- Submit your application by booking an in-person appointment or via mail to: Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Suite 500 – 11 Eighth Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3N7.
- There is no fee to change your address.
- If you have requested a State of Title Certificate, pay $15.04 for each title.
Fees: To cover LTSA application registration fees, please make cheque or money order payable to “LTSA of BC”. If, on your completed Property Transfer Tax Return form it is indicated that taxes are owed with your submission, please make out a separate cheque for those taxes, payable to “Minister of Finance”. Please note that some submissions are tax exempt, resulting in nothing owed to the Minister of Finance. LTSA registration fees are still applicable.
For mailed applications, payment by cheque or money order to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia is accepted. Please remit in Canadian funds. If you are submitting a copy of the application to be returned to you, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
If you are attending a front counter appointment, you may also make your payment via credit card or debit card on the day of your appointment.